When deciding to buy a projector, there are a lot of factors to consider such as the brightness, overall resolution, and what type of throw it can give whether it is a short throw or long throw. The meaning of “throw” when it comes to a projector is the distance the image travels from the screen that is influenced by the lens. For you to decide on what type of projector to consider, answer the questions,
A. Short Throw Projector
The short throw has the ability to create a much larger picture from a short distance usually at around 100″ from the wall or projection screen. This type of projector is suitable for a small group with space constraint. It provides a quality image that won’t allow your shadow to show up on the screen. It makes use of a low number of the lumen that is why the bright image is controlled to deliver immense clarity of images.
The short throw projector is just like any other types of the projector but this has an added feature which is its capability to produce clear images and videos at a short distance without creating the presence of rainbow effect because the projection rays and the distance is not inconsiderable amount to produce side images.
• At a short distance, it still provides stunning imagery and videos.
• The set-up is an easy process making it a plug and play functionality.
• You won’t be having problems with the room or outside lighting since it makes use of high-quality lenses that do not interfere with the lights.
• Short throws projector tend to be more pricey than other types of a projector.
B. Long Throw
The long throw type of projector usually has at least 6 feet from the wall or projection screen. One of the superb features of a long throw projector is its blending capabilities and warping features that can be versatile especially when used in large areas together with other projector devices. Unlike small type projectors, you can depend on the speed of operation a long throw projection because of ease of use during setup and it can easily adapt to the environment to provide a perfect and higher quality image.
The most important thing to consider when deciding to choose long throw projector is the space since it is intended for a large space the image quality decreases when used in a small room because it needs to compress the images or videos. To have a better image quality that does not interfere with the outside light, it is recommended to turn the lights off this is because the distance that makes the lumen decreases.
• This is perfect for a larger group that utilizes large spaces.
• You can discreetly keep the device at the back without creating distractions.
• This is a cheaper type of projection because it does not need a special lens to perform.
• It will not work efficiently in small spaces because it does not have versatility features.
Short Throw vs Long Throw Projectors
Short Throw and Long Throw Projectors has its own differences and advantages. In comparing these two types of a projector, the first thing that you need to keep in mind is the space environment where you will use it to efficiently make use of its features accurately.